Friday, January 5, 2018

Hello 2018!


Hello 2018!  New year!  New start!

December was a lost month for my writing and blogging
My daily life crowded out any time and energy for creativity.
A whole lot happened. 

Terry and I made some important, hopefully wise, decisions
during a hectic and stressful four weeks.
But it's all good, and I'm ready to return to what fulfills me.
I'm welcoming 2018 with wide open arms.


The Navajo Nation
Ganado, Arizona, USA
Nature never fails to lift my spirits.
New Year's Day, 2018
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved



On New Years Day we left Surprise, Arizona
and headed home for Aurora, Colorado.
We made it by Tuesday evening,
and home has rarely looked so good.


Lots to Unpack
Aurora, Colorado USA
January 2, 2018
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved


Yesterday was the first Wednesday of the month,
the day when members of the Insecure Writers Support Group
get together on-line to share posts and encouragement.
I haven't missed one first Wednesday
since I joined the group nearly three years ago.
That says a lot about how much the IWSG means to me.

Since I arrived home Tuesday evening
I've been mulling over what I want to accomplish this year,
while unpacking, getting groceries, doing laundry,
tackling that crate of mail, and cooking.
It's amazing how mundane chores free the mind.

I had been so worried about my blog and writing in December
that I was having nightmares about chucking it all in,
walking away from my memoir and blogging.
I was missing my blogging friends
and feeling badly about not connecting with them.

Then on Christmas Night I opened an unexpected gift from my sister Donnie
who said she had to get it for me because it was so me:


Standing Into Danger
Photographic Art by Kas Stone
Image from Taylor Head, Nova Scotia, Canada
 October, 2010

The crashing waves, rocky shore, tuckamore, and dwarf shrubs
cleared my head and banished those unsettling nightmares.
December had me Standing into Danger,
but I was not going to founder.

Waiting in that crate of mail when I arrived home was a second piece of art,
very different, but every bit as uplifting.


Tender Hearts
by Stacy (Magic Love Crow)
 2017


Stacy's art is mystical, magical, and her baby crows fill me with delight.
If you're familiar with her blog (Magic Love Crow),
you know how unique and inspiring her art and her life story are.
If I feel doubt and inadequacy growing inside me,
I can look at Stacy's special gift and beat them back.

One gift fills me with fortitude, the other with hope.
It's hard to top that combination.

I sorted out a lot as I restored some order to our home.
I don't like to tempt fate by laying out my plans.
I'll just say that I'll keep my two special gifts close by
for inspiration as I tackle my writing and blogging in 2018.
I'll be back next Friday with a new Northern post.

My Father's Words
Photo by Louise Barbour 
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved




Till next time ~
Fundy Blue



On the Shore of the Annapolis Basin
Smith's Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada
July 24, 2016
© M. Louise (MacBeath) Barbour/Fundy Blue
All Rights Reserved







33 comments:

  1. Greetings Louise. A happy New Year to you, I hope you achieve all you've planned? Sorry you've had a rough time of late, life can be hard. Glad you are blogging again. Some picturesque places you visit! I have a river nearby where I live, which is nice while walking my pet dog, Sadie. Blessings to you.

    Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year, Andrew! Your comment brought a big smile to my face. I'm back at blogging and especially happy to reconnect with you and my other blogging friends. I've been to many places in the Navajo Nation, and its landscapes speak to my heart. Some people find the Navajo Nations's wide open spaces and other remote parts of the Four Corners region desolate and bleak, but to me they are one of the most beautiful places in the world.

      We were racing through at 75 mph (120 kph) ~ It's challenging to take photos under those conditions! ~ this time, but I will get back to hiking and exploring among the canyons and mesas I love. It was fascinating to listen to KYAT-FM as we drove through Arizona and crossed into New Mexico. It's the only radio station to broadcast 24 hours/day in Diné bizaad (Navajo). I had no clue what the DJs were saying, but listening to the language was a pleasing and alien experience that made me think of the Navajo Code Talkers who were so important to the Marines and their communications in the Pacific Theater during WWII. Wishing you and Sadie lots of peaceful walks along your nearby river in the coming year!

      Delete
  2. Sure sounds like you got what you needed when you needed it to keep on a going. And geez, who else would the cat have to pick at if you ran away? Can't do that. Make sure you get wifi in the RV lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You made my day, Pat! LOL ~ I know an RV sounds like a great idea for Terry and me since we love to travel so much. But I have never wanted to drag my home around with me. The cost of buying insuring, fueling, repairing, and storing or parking one is huge! That pays for a whole lot of hotel rooms or rentals! Give me a nice hotel room where someone else cleans and cooks, and I am a happy camper! I hope that you rode out the storm all right. I understand there were over 100,000 power outages in Nova Scotia. Have a great day, my friend.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, when put that way, I'll stick with fancy hotel rooms too. We weren't 1 of the 100,000 this time at our zoo.

      Delete
  3. Those two gifts came at just the right time. We'd miss you if you quit and gave up on your dream! December was just a month of stepping back. Now you are ready to dive in full force and move forward again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You nailed it, Alex! That's exactly how I feel. Thanks, as always, for the encouragement!

      Delete
  4. And once again, Art saves the day! Glad to hear you're not throwing in the blogging towel! Happy New Year to you and your husband, dear Louise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debra! I was more than halfway to convincing myself that I had wrecked my blog from being absent. And I was wallowing in thinking who was I to think I could write a book. Stress and frustration can really mess with your waking and dreaming mind. Yes, art can save the day. It's been important since the dawn of humanity. Donnie's "Standing Into Danger" piece and Stacy's "Tender Hearts" mean so much to me. They have special places in my writing space: Donnie's on the wall, front and center above my computer, and Stacy's like a talisman next to my computer. Happy New Year to you and your Rare One! Wishing you both health, happiness, fulfillment, and lots of love!

      Delete
  5. Home is always nice to see after a long trip for me regardless of how much fun I had

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right, Adam! Have an awesome weekend with Daisy!

      Delete
  6. I've missed you very, very much.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've missed you too, Janie! I'm glad that 2017 has been laid to rest! Wishing you all the best in the new year!

      Delete
  7. Hey My Friend! I am so happy you didn't stop blogging! You would have been greatly missed! I truly mean that! You are a wonderful person and I love reading your stories! I love the gift from your sister! Wishing all the best for you and your hubby in 2018!! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stacy! I was distract and discouraged because I couldn't get to my blog and writing during December ~ mostly because I would miss wonderful people like you! Big hugs back at you!

      Delete
  8. Happy "2018" to you! I believe the gifts were timely and just what you needed. I miss your stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Truedessa! I'll be back at my stories, and regularly. I read on Janie Junebug's blog that you might not blog past your 5th anniversary. Say it isn't so! I would miss you so much! Happy New Year!

      Delete
  9. Welcome home, Louise. Welcome home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Inspiration can come from unexpected places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly can, Tamara! Wishing you lots of inspiration in the new year!

      Delete
  11. Very timely and meaningful gifts! How beautiful! :) You know, the photo from Taylorhead reminds me so much of the tip of P.E.I. Those trees and the coast and the wind...definitely Standing Into Danger! Love it! 2018 will be a grand year!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Rain! I haven't been to P.E.I. in forever, and that is really sad! I am optimistic that 2018 will be a much better year for so many people. Take care!

      Delete
  12. Hey Louise! Happy 2018!
    Lovely to have such wonderful inspiration and your joy in expressing this has made my day.
    I am wishing all the best to you! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year, Kay! Thanks! Wishing you all the best too!

      Delete
  13. Home IS good. I too want 2018 to be better. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Teresa! I am so enjoying being home right now! All the best to you!

      Delete
  14. Welcome home! What lovely gifts you received upon your return. I am glad they were both able to lift your spirit. Wishing you nothing but the best in 2018. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Theresa! I'm slowly getting caught up with all my blogging friends, and it is a delight to hear from you! Happy New Year to you!

      Delete
  15. Well come home and wellcome back to blogging my dearest Louise!!!

    i don't know how to tell you that how much i missed you and your so loving and delightful posts and comments!!!

    so grateful to God for having you here with me .
    you have kindred glorious soul and such an awesome and delicate way to words which CAPTIVATE my heart so deep and strong ,i believe you are incredibly PURE and ENLIGHTENED person my friend!

    this painting goes so beautifully with the title of your blog .
    hope all that you and your hubby decided will definitely go for your better by the grace of God!

    i pray that may your hubby get better soon from his recent surgery and may this new year bring to you and your family lots of happiness and prosperity in life ,amen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes i visit Stacy's blog regularly dear Louise!
    she is great artist and i love her art so much ,very spiritual and optimistic ,i am glad she sent you this gorgeous gift ,congrats my precious friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your words mean so much to me, Baili! I have felt many times that we are kindred spirits! Terry's surgery went very well, and he is recovering rapidly. You are right, Stacy is very spiritual and optimistic, and this comes out in her amazing art. She reminds me of two very different kinds of artists, Nova Scotia's folk artist Maud Lewis and the Mayans ~ Lewis for the style and vibrance, Mayans for the faces of the women and the spirituality. The crows are pure Stacy, and I think of her every time I see a crow or crows "beading" a tree! Sending you love!

      Delete
  17. T5RX Now dont obtain the idea you might go to all your favorite fast food restaurant and gain muscular tissue. Unfortunately it does not work method. The good fats are classified as linoleic omega and Nicoline Omega. These are commonly included with cold water fish like flounder possibly in certain oils like soybean oil. http://www.strongtesterone.com/t5rx/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate them very much.