Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Scavenger Hunt: June, 2015 ~ Potpourri



I was going to scrap the June hunt
because I couldn't finish it in time
as I was traveling.

But then somehow a partial post published, 
and I discovered it when people began posting comments!

So an embarrassed me finished it up!
LOL:

Happy July, Everyone!
I hope you had fun finding June's items.

Terry and I are off on a long trip
crossing an item off my Bucket List.

June was a busy month for us;
it's highlight a visit from our niece Heather
who teaches in Surabaya, Indonesia. 


June's List

1.  J is for Joy


Joy is spending the day with two special people:
my husband and my niece.



2.  Rust
Jailed


My niece shouldn't have too much trouble 
breaking out of this jail with its door eaten away by rust.

This jail is found in the oldest public building in Colorado,
Washington Hall in Central City.

Deputy Sheriff Bill Cozens, a carpenter from Canada,
built Washington Hall in early 1862
and was appointed its first jailor.
He later became the first official sheriff of Gilpin County.



3.  Smooth
Mounds of Smooth Clay


I never tire of traveling along the Dinosaur Diamond Scenic Byway 
in Colorado and Utah.  It's some of the best dinosaur in the world!


Fruita, Colorado



4.  Imagination
Opera Costume, China c. 1950
Mythic Creatures: Dragons, Unicorns, and Mermaids
Exhibition at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science



 
An Exquisite Work of the Imagination



5.  Classic
Barong Ket:  A Balinese Classic
Mythic Creatures: Dragons, Unicorns, and Mermaids
Exhibition at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science


The Barong Ket is a classic of Balinese mythology.  
This King of the spirits acts as a village guardian for people who live on the island of
Bali in Indonesia, fighting off villains and restoring the balance between good and evil.

  

6.  Similar
Lava Field, Iceland 2014



Lava field, Snake River Plain, 2015

These two similar landscapes are thousands of miles apart.
The Icelandic lava field is eleven to twelve hundred years old, and the Idaho field is eleven to twelve million years old.



7.  Parallel
Lots of Parallel Lines in This Soddie
Plains Conservation Center, Aurora, Colorado 



8.  Socks
Luis Valbuena Wearing Black Socks
as the Astros Warm Up at Coors Field 



9.  Bead
Beads of Moisture on a Rainy Alaska Night



10.  Mug
Mugging for the Camera at Coors Field
Our Niece Heather and the Ever-Patient Terry



11.  Post
Location Posts for Winter Snowplows
Breckenridge, Colorado, USA



12.  Whatever You Want
A Prairie Dog on Alert
Plains Conservation Center, Aurora, Colorado



Happy hunting in July! 

July's List:
D is for?,   Wide,   Edge,   Cylindrical,   Feelings,   
Mysterious,   Weed,   Joke,   Pile,   Speed,   Night,
Whatever you want


Thanks to Jill (Greenthumb) 
and her Made with Love blog 


for setting up the scavenger hunt.

16 comments:

  1. That opera costume is sure unique as can be. Could blind people wearing that haha and hmm, all the pics didn't show up, weird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, weird me, Pat! I inadvertently published an unfinished post! But I've fixed it now! That opera costume was amazing! Have a good one!

      Delete
  2. What amazing things you are sharing today, Louise, and I love the photos of yourself, your husband and your niece! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda! I've finished the post now! Oops! It went up unfinished. I loved the time my husband and I spent together in June! Hugs to you!

      Delete
  3. Smooth is a very cool pic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susie! It's always fun trying to get a shot at 75 mph; but this one worked! Have a good one!

      Delete
  4. The opera outfit is amazing.
    I think that jail door has seen better days.
    Did you feel like you were on the moon when you visited the lava field?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Alex! Yes lava makes you feel like you are on the moon! The best placed for feeling that is at Craters of the Moon in Idaho where I think astronauts trained. Have a good one!

      Delete
  5. OMG! I had a feeling I might have published something that wasn't finished by accident, and I couldn't find it until comments started appearing. LOL! Well, I'll have to see what I can do quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Giddy up, Louise...your horses are off again. Enjoy your trip. Great photos today you find the most interesting things to photograph.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, dear Peggy! I hope you saw the finished post and not the one I accidentally published unfinished! LOL ~ Me and computers! I hope that you are enjoying a lovely summer day!

      Delete
  7. Rust has not been kind to that door

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure that the real prisoners would have liked that door way back! Have a good one, Adam!

      Delete
  8. Thanks for taking part in this months scavenger hunt,borrow for the very late comment, but I have been sick. I really like rust, post, and whatever you want. Greenthumb

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the photos! You always take such interesting ones! The barong from Bali is cool! I loved the Barongs when I lived there!x

    ReplyDelete

  10. P.S. sorry I am late visiting, I always visit after I've done mine and I'm er- a little bit late for the hunt!x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate them very much.